View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2019, 01:13 (Ref:3925305)   #6622
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Rebellion doesn't have money for a second car let alone more development. On top of that, lmp1 is on the way out after this season so really, what's the use when you can just rely on penalties applied to Toyota to get you close(r)? If they keep using the car for the first year of hypercar/lmp1 next season, it'll be a lot faster than the new cars by pure regulation. So they can get slowed and hope for a chance they know their car better than a new team. I think Ginetta has a similar mindset. Toyota used the same style car for 3 years so I think an update was due anyway and why not go all-out with the last year of the TS050?

I approve of this comment, though it's a bit of a hard pill to swallow given that we want to see things tighter up front. But we won't get that until we get another OEM factory team, and that won't happen until the new rules are phased in for LMP1.

Not to mention, the new TS050, at least if you ask me, just looks flat out cool.