View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2016, 06:44 (Ref:3670436)   #36
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I guess it depends on what you call value.

Was it a good show? It is purely designed as one, not a race event or a championship.

it had elements of a good show, but non of the razamataz I was expecting. no support racing, and only a 5 minute fmx motocross demo.

Monster Jam is a once in a lifetime event in the UK, it doesn't happen frequently.

Would you not expect to pay to park at a venue in a big city?

totally, it wasn't a criticism. We take it for granted that parking at motorracing events is FREE, but time will come when circuits will look at generating revenue that way.

You would at football or rugby, why not a racing event? It isn't surrounded by grassland like Lydden is.

Isn't Monster Jam a far, far, far bigger event than a round of British rallycross? Far more family friendly in terms of times, accessibility.

I would say rallycross was more family friendly, at this monster jam they at least explained what was happening, previous ones have been poorly planned and no body had no idea what was going on.

I agree you should not be paying to access the pits, that is always pushed as being a big thing with Monster Jam, didn't know you had to pay, that's robbery.

But comparing this to a national championships is a bit like comparing an NFL league game at Wembley with a sort of European NFL game between I don't know Berlin and Amsterdam at a small footy ground. Monster trucks is like car WWF, not really a sport.

Not really like for like, but some interesting points raised.

And to be honest, I think the reason people are mentioning the price at Lydden is that is has jumped up in price a lot in recent years, with no real jump in quality or facilities. I don't think people are saying it's bad value necessarily. Its a lot dearer than a clubby at Snetterton or Cadwell, which is what really it should be compared to.
and yes there are things that can be improved, we are all aware of that