Thread: GT Open 2018
View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2018, 16:33 (Ref:3828972)   #50
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I think part of the Blancpain sprint race problem is the tracks they run at.
Zolder, Misano, Brands Hatch ?

IMO they don't offer many overtaking possibilities.

Put drivers of comparable ability in cars of comparable capabilities (all BOP'ed) and lets them race nose-to-tail on a track with limited overtaking possibilities and what do you get?
Not that exciting races, as far as I am concerned.

In the mean time, GTOpen races at Spa, Paul Ricard, Monza and Silverstone. I think those tracks offer better opportunities for race action.

OK, I'm not convinced about Hungaroring (Blancpain Sprint goes there too) or Barcelona, and I have no idea about Estoril.

Furthermore GTOpen works with success seconds instead of BOP. A well-driven successful car is put back, but can still be the fastest and come through the pack or try to get as high up as possible.

I'm not saying everything is perfect but IMO there's a lot more action in the GTOpen races than there is in Blancpain Sprint.