Old 4 Jul 2020, 15:08 (Ref:3985576)   #41
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
it's not that the issue; there are alredy full or partially factory backed gt3 programs in VLN, BES, nurburgring/spa 24H etc...
it's just I don't think the actual maserati, a manufacturer that is trying to find his way inside the market after cutting ties with ferrari, is interested in a gt3 or whatever factory effort.
The maserati "official" programs of last 10-15 years were heavily backed by ferrari for the MC12 GT1 and by swiss team for V8 superstar series, the same private effort that built the Maserati granturismo MC gt3.
Maserati and its Corse (MC) department was of course also heavily involved in the Gran Turismo GT4 program. In fact, the first race entries were by the factory, which led to race wins in the European GT4 Cup in 2010. The GT4 effort then morphed into the Trofeo series (due to lack of interest by private teams to buy the car, I presume...), but upon returning to GT4 racing some years later (2015, if I remember correctly), the cars were all run by private teams, and quite successfully so in various European and North American GT4 series.