Thread: CSCC THRUXTON
View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3990765)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Thanks for all the sympathy - that’s racing I suppose but I am very disappointed.
I suppose I am not a “natural racer” and even under normal circumstances only race 4-8 times a year(& very rarely even do track / test days) so i do still get very nervous beforehand and there’s a lot of nervous emotion beforehand (Mrs 97 calls it pre race tension, and far worse than PMT). There’s a lot of planning and a lot of thinking it’s all through to make sure I havent forgotten anything; a lot of watching circuit videos too, and this time even a day off to go to a simulator session as I havent been to Thruxton before (the simulator made me feel sick!) and a track walk with an instructor and a test session yesterday!
I found the thought of the speed of Thruxton quite daunting but was really looking forward to it. Despite all the nerves I am usually fine once I get on with it! So, to end up only doing two laps and then spending hours chasing electrical problems (well, I provided the tea) which couldn’t be found is a massive let down.
All that nervous energy wasted.
I could have lit up Andover.
Still, I got a good nights sleep in the new (second hand) m/h. Definitely a good investment in making circuit life easier. And my neighbour, who used to buy, sell and rent the things reckons it’s gone up in value by £5k due to everyone wanting staycations!
Nice report ANDY . You need a few laps under your belt at Thruxton . Sure is scary. I got very nervous at Brands last week . Waiting to see how MG David fairs tomorrow .