Thread: British GT 2020
View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2020, 22:17 (Ref:3992597)   #147
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Well that’s social distancing gone out of the window...people really can’t help themselves can they
I was there this weekend and actually on the whole the social distancing was considerably better than any supermarket I've been in over the last few months. I sat at Cascades today, which was fairly busy, and had a nice 6ft perimeter all round me, as did most other people as far as I could tell. Toilets have sanitiser outside for people to use on the way in (which most did) and generally people being sensible. The bar had a one way system, markings on the floor, masks to be worn etc. There were a few of the Prosecco crowd and the 'caps on backwards' Corsa driving types who seemed to have a fairly large 'support bubble' judging by how many of them grouped, but they were easily avoided.

Was a really good weekend and even the poor last race didn't spoil it for me. Did look like they were struggling to load the Aston and I assume the McLaren had a gearbox issue or something which meant they needed the crane to lift it. Not completely sure why they decided to concentrate on recovering the Supra which had been in the same spot for a number of laps without issue, was obvious with 3 cars involved in the incident that it was going to be tight to get any meaningful green flag racing....but I wasn't on the radio, nor at any of the stranded cars, so my opinion means squat and there would've been reasons decisions were made and things took time.