Thread: My Tracks
View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2002, 10:58 (Ref:367299)   #83
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As stated previously, I love this track. I reckon it would be an awesome drive, and would produce great racing, and great spectating.

The main straight is flat. As is the slow, tight right-hander at turn 1. This is the best place to pass on the track.

Out of turn 1 is a short straight to turn 2. Turn 2 is a flat, fast right-hand turn.

Immediately after 2, is the braking zone for the chicane. Turns 3 & 4 is quite a slow, right-left chicane and is also flat.

Out of 4 is a short shute to the fast left-right esses section. The turn 5 & 6 esses is uphill and fast. Just after the apex of the right, turn 6 part of these esses, the track flattens out, creating a crest.

Turn 7 is merely a flat-out, left kink between 6 & 8. From the apex of turn 7, the track begins to run slightly downhill. The run between 6 & 8 builds up some good speed for the ultra-fast turn 8.

Turn 8 is very fast. It is a double-apex right. It is slightly downhill, and slightly banked. The 1st apex is slightly tighter than the 2nd, and the power is fed on right through the 2nd apex. Did I mention turn 8 is fast?

After turn 8, there is a straight. If you get a good run out of 8, there is a chance to pass going into 9. This straight is slightly uphill. Turn 9 continues slightly uphill and is a very tight right.

Turn 10 is immediately after 9 and is a fast, left. The track continues uphill through turn 10 and flattens out between turns 10 & 11.

Turn 11 is a flat and pretty fast right, shortly after 10.

There is a short shute to the turn 12 right-hander. This is also flat and is probably the slowest corner on the track.

Out of 12 is another short shute to the fast, downhill left at turn 13.

Shortly after 13 is turn 14. 14 is another left. It is faster than 13 and is downhill - but less downhill than 13.

Immediately after 14 is the braking zone for turn 15. At the start of this braking zone, the track flattens out. Turn 15 is a flat, medium-speed left.

The final turn, 16 is soon after 15. It is a right-hander and is also flat, but it is slower than 15. It is important to get a good run out of 16 for the blast up the long, flat main straight. The last two corners would be good for watching drivers flinging cars through corners.

I reckon it would be a super lap.
Attached Images