Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4071636)   #3814
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Success ballast in the reversed grid race

Does the amount of success ballast need altering between different races? I think it is about okay for race one, as it puts the title contenders mid-pack and different drivers up front. It is good for race two as we get to see the leaders struggling and holding up drivers behind, while the likes of Sutton charge through the order on low ballast.
But is it time to get rid of the success ballast in race threes (or at least reduce it)? The reversed grid race allows for slower drivers to start at the front of the grid, but because they have less success ballast on they are able to hold their positions quite easily. This didn't seem to be massively relevant in the past, but I feel it has been very relevant this season, particularly for Adam Morgan's two wins at Brands Hatch and Thruxton. My suggestion is that it would make the final race of the day far more exciting if no drivers were carrying success ballast, while also making it fairer, as the drivers who headed race two would find it easier to carve through the pack in race three.