View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2002, 23:15 (Ref:424883)   #13
hotracer
Rookie

hotracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is my response !

I started this thread because I believe there was a genuine need for a single seater series in the SE that could support club racers, it was not started to cause an arguement but a debate !

I personally do not race at Lydden anymore because I race in ARPf3 and Monoposto. I do not bring my single seater cars to Lydden to support the racing because of the reasons stated above plus the 6 min 'qualifying races' in between saloon car races, just not worth getting your overalls on for. I have never seen a 18 lap race at Lydden for astratech but I am sure you are correct. 18 laps at 41 secs is .....12 mins !

Why not noise test 'before' the cars go out, prior to the line up in the grid, or after scrutineering, perhaps move some of the officals car parking space to free up some much needed paddock space.

I believe that not in any sense have semsec been pro-active in promoting single seates racing in 2002 and to state that now you are now going to run a sereies in 2003 is a contradiction to that which you personally announced.

Your collective comments in this thread have made make me wonder how 'safe' the racing at Lydden is in the hands of the current semsec committee. Why not accept things arn't quite right, start again and announce what it is you and semsec 'exactly' want to do for 2003 for single seaters ! and what you want from you potential market.

Rgds Alan