View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3621222)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Revett Straight Cup (The REVSTRAT!) - Snet, 22nd September, 2018

Right folks, this is an absolute indulgence on my part but since Claire had no support race in place for her 6 hours, I've persuaded her to allow me to run a 30 minute single driver race, with 15 mins qualifying on the morning of the big race, on the 300 Circuit.

It's by specific invitation from me for closed fastback/GT cars built between 1950 -1965 to be held on the Snetterton 300 circuit, in memory of the historic name of the currently named Bentley Straight and as an homage to the sloping roof!! I suggest it would also be a suitable opportunity for a summer Ace Café type meeting given that a lot of 10-Tenthers have suitable cars. I'm listing below the sort of cars I'm going for:-

Aston Martin DB2 & 2/4, AC Aceca, Alfa Guilietta GT, Austin Healey Sebring/Lenham/WSM Sprites, ELVA Courier GT, Gilbern GT, Lancia Aurelia, Peerless/Warwick GT, Porsche 356, Reliant Sabre 6 GT, Rochdale Olympic & GT, Sunbeam Alpine Harrington, Tornado Talisman, Triumph Spitfire Lenham, TVR Grantura (early ones), WSM MGB GT.

Edit - Capacity Limits pre 1962 - 3.5 litre, post 1962 - 2.7 litre. (added following some later posts!! - sorry!)

Nothing too modified and cars should be shod with Dunlop L or M tyres

You will note that I've not included Marcos 1800 or later 1800cc TVRs because these will almost certainly be too quick but if you have a car not listed here but you think is suitable (it must have a proper fastback, though) please contact me, with full spec, and I will go in a huddle with a couple of colleagues to decide whether it is indeed suitable. I will create classes dependent on the entries.

The cost will be £275 which I suggest is extremely good value for 45 minutes track time, these days.

I did sound Mike Bell, Brian Arculus and Joe A-B (Zef) out prior to this and all seemed more than a little interested, and they can consider themselves invited already. I will now proceed to send invites out over the next couple of weeks so I crave your patience to allow me that time frame before contacting me asking why you've not been invited. Thereafter if you haven't heard please PM me.

Last edited by John Turner; 9 Mar 2016 at 07:14.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!