View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3907921)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
(Some) team mates comparison F1 2019

By now I am centering this stat in the teams I see more interesting/intriguing.
However, in the future I could see other teams... or discard some of these!

The comparison table has two digits per GP and team. First digit is qualification result (grid position, without "penalties"), second digit is race classification. Digit 1 means the First Driver did better than the Second Driver,digit 0 is... the opposite . In principle First Driver is the "main" driver in the team or at least the "best" driver, but this can be debatable in some cases.

TOT is the total score in the team, QUA is the score in qualifications and RAC is the score in races. The percentage means the likelihood of the leading driver is actually "really" better (a sort of statistical confidence indicator). The leading driver'name (the driver with better score) appears beside the percentage.

For example, the table shows that Hamilton had a better qualy but Bottas had better race result. Lewis dominates Bottas with a 7-5 score, but it only throws a level of "confidence" of 23% and it is briefly described as "Balanced". When the score is statistically significant it is described as "BUSTED".
Code:
        AU BA CH AZ SP MO    TOT  QUA  RAC
HAM-BOT 10 11 01 00 01 11 =  7-5  3-3  4-2  HAM 23% Balanced
VET-LEC 11 00 11 11 11 11 = 10-2  5-1  5-1  VET 96% Almost BUSTED!
MAG-GRO 01 11 11 11 01 10 =  9-3  4-2  5-1  MAG 85% Advantage
RIC-HUL 00 10 11 10 11 11 =  8-4  5-1  3-3  RIC 61% Advantage
Ironically, one of the more brilliant drivers of this season, Leclerc, is being well-beaten by Vettel, who, IMO, is not producing his best performances. Perhaps Leclerc is showing a lack of experience at maximum level... and a share of bad luck (?).

Magnussen and Ricciardo are leading the way in their respective teams, but still not above the random noise (i.e. it is not significant).

Perhaps noteworthy is the 3-3 score in qualifications between LH and VB, being Hamilton excellent in qualy laps and having Lewis a very solid season. Maybe it is an indication that Valteri Bottas is going to be a strong title contender, but it is still too early to say.