View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3069182)   #9
Penelope PitStop
Rookie

Penelope PitStop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will there be a B12 in 2013?
I believe so, Bathurst Council seem accepting of the status quo - although there are elections in September, so perhaps fresh faces and thinking will emerge.

If not, Allan et al have little chance on the lap record. The B12 is likely to continue imposing an artifical threshold pre race start to prevent elimination of slow cars. Not sure a low 2:04 during the race proper is do-able, although others (FFS?) may disagree. What other opportunities are there for GT cars at Bathurst? The 2012 calendar for MtP looks pretty bleak. Aside from the B1000 (no GT), just 2 other events are listed, both 'run' Mr O'Brien, both now done and dusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Thing that I find interesting is that after the chest beating from those that talk prior to the meeting, only two F3 cars went under Alan's time and then only during one of the weekend's races.
Same here. And both were on the final 2 laps of that race. Natsoft timing was strange as well, originally there were no 4's then later on it was re-set/reloaded. To me, F3's involvement felt contrived – e.g. 18 ‘entries’ v 10 starters, 30 minute races v 20 minutes for other non-enduros. Perhaps F3 paid a premium, if not it seems a poor allocation of a limited resource…

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
And the F3 guys were saying anything between sub 2m to 2:06.
Media releases re sub 2m aside, F3's website quotes Winslow: "...I think a high 2:01..." and Gilmour: "... something like 2:01 and 2:02 ..."