View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3322482)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Where's KCMG? They are a Chinese-based team, they raced at Fuji just a few days ago... you'd think that if they made it to Fuji they would make it to Shanghai, as well, as it could be considered their home race. They didn't have any car-destroying crashes at Fuji, as far as I'm aware of, and there's no Asian Le Mans Series duties until December 8th at Sepang... so what's stopping them?
I wondered about that as well- I could have sworn that they originally said they planned to do Fuji and Shanghai. Seems weird that the Chinese team would do the Japanese race, but not their 'home' one. Maybe a question of $$$?

Is it a case of they only had the budget for the Asian LMS races post-Le Mans? They had a couple of Japanese drivers in the car at Fuji, so maybe that was underwritten by Japanese sponsors, and they've not been able to cut a deal with anyone for Shanghai? Still seems strange though...

Last edited by KA; 24 Oct 2013 at 07:48.