View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3678753)   #1
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Media/TV/Internet in sportscar racing

Can talk about media for any series of course but I want to focus on IMSA. They of anybody need a online subscription service you can pay for. My dream is it can provide:

1. Live and archived coverage of every session including practice sessions

2. Option to turn on and off commentary

3. Live timing and scoring that is concurrent to point of the race that you are at even when you are watching the race on delay or replay.

4. Same thing for the cars/dots following on the track

5. The same full race in car cameras you see as on the IMSA.com tv page but archived as well.

6. A real kicker that would be neat if it can be pulled off is a channel that focuses on just the GT races on the track.

I think IMSA worrying about if they are FS1 or FS2 is pointless now. Yes they should try to get on the FOX network as much as possible but beyond that. Focus on the paid online subscription service and MARKETING MARKETING MARKETING. IMSA cars are a natural fit for the Fast and Furious movies and maybe even a TV cop show. I mean you can base an episode of Law and Order or something like that based on a con man who used the money to fund a race team like Scott Tucker. But while filming that episode you can show off the cool race cars and drivers that IMSA has to offer.