Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3757420)   #2888
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I call the Ford GT a prototype because it was built precisely to the rules, using every advantage allowed and using every latest, lightest construction technique regardless of cost.

No one could build an economically viable customer car to those standards. And the Ford GT is Not a production car. it is a purpose -built race car racing in a class designed for street-legal, widely available, commercially viable production cars.

I don't mind. it is a huge stretch of the rules (don't even get me started on BMW .... Oi!) but it is Almost within the rules and it is a beautiful machine and very able and has provided many hours of excellent competition.

But it Certainly isn't a production car, and it is certainly running in a production-car class.