Thread: Roll-Call?
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2001, 11:06 (Ref:110704)   #8
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm Richard Armstrong, age 45 (oh dear!), currently residing in Midsomer Norton (just down the road from Darren).

As indicated in the Gurney thread, I've been following the sport since the mid-60s. First hero: Graham Hill. Other heroes: Seaman, Rosemeyer, NUVOLARI!!, Wimille, Damon Hill ...

Particular interests: well, everything really, but I lean towards GP racing in the period between 1930 and 1975.

I possess a select but fairly extensive motor sport library and have one of those brains that is full of all sorts of information which can occasionally surface in the right place at the right time: the last time I said that, Ray kindly compared me favourably to Encyclopaedia Britannica! I hope it was meant as a compliment!!! Funnily enough, I used to sell EB for a living ...

These days I run a convenience store, which severely limits my time at tracks (to the point where it's almost non-existant!) but it gives me some time for research and trying to help others on the board ... if I don't know the answer, with a bit of luck I'll know where to find it.

My records are nowhere near as complete as they once were - I lost a lot of papers and magazines in a fire in 1987, but now that there's so much on the net I'm starting to reconstruct some of my listings.