View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2016, 17:06 (Ref:3678175)   #70
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Toyota may have 3 cars and Kolles might have 2 so that total can be 8 or 9, equal or one more than this year had. I don't know what your deal is with Rebellion going to lmp2. They didn't stand a chance and neither does Kolles in lmp1. Your issue with lmp2 is pretty trivial imo. The only cars up there were Ligier and Oreca. I think losing the BR01 and Gibson is sad, but they're not very competitive. Hopefully the 4 chassis have a pretty equal performance. I'd rather see that then the same two cars/teams winning (Alpine).
I grant you the third Toyota as semi realistic possibility but second CLM is just as fantastical pipe dream as it was for this year.

Whether or not there were numerous rivals to Oreca and Onroak (+ the market dominating Nissan-Zytek engine) in current LMP2 is besides the point, it's the possibility of other weirdos like Dome and SMP and whomever having the chance. Now they cannot. Added that the lame cost cap, pro-am, development freeze, spec parts ideology that is all there to dumb it down. The only freedom they didn't rob away seems to be the open tire choice, which I guess while something is not enough. Also don't give rats ass about 'equal performance', but for me that's pretty self explanatory. That may seem trivial to you but not to me. So we'll disagree.

Though I think we can at least see eye to eye on the fact that at least they're not performance balancing everything on round by round basis like in the US, or in GTE. So that is good.

Btw the old open top Zytek is still pretty damn competitive (in right hands).