View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2015, 23:51 (Ref:3595576)   #10
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silente View Post

If Rebellion really has something in the region of 650hp (which is what i heard as well), how can they be only 2-3 s faster than KCMG?
Rebellion has no more than 600HP

About the tires, Michelin provides bespoke tires for all it's partners but, obviously, the big manufacturers will receive a awful lot more attention and effort.

Do you remember where did you saw that SMP claim? I know the current LMP2 Dunlops are better than the LMP2 Michelins, on dry, that is. I already explained how that happened when the regulations banned confidential tires in LMP2, which effectively means suppliers will have their tires being analysed by their rivals(net result is preventing top-end secret compounds in the class)

Afaik, the LMP1-P tires are confidential, so they should be better than the Dunlops. Rebellion tested the Dunlops in Bahrain, so, if they don't switch soon, we can assume that to mean they are inferior to what Michelin gives them on LMP1-P.

I think the problem with comparing the LMP1-LMP2 Orecas is that KCMG tests/develops far more than Rebellion, which pretty much never does it(Bahrain being the only I can remember).

Which software did you use for laptime simulation, please?