View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3795286)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It's not as simple as a paywall is automatically bad. But I'd have to spend £50 a month to watch F1. That's the problem. I can spend £30 a year for WEC, or £600 a year on F1.

Paywall is fine. I'll pay for a product. But the price has to be reasonable. To get F1 in the UK, you need various packages and services. That becomes a lot.
for sure they way they bundle their channel line ups is a problem and agree the bigger issue (for me anyways) are the high price points that also come with the limitations typically associated with cable subscriptions.

but i guess if i am confused by anything, it is that they still seem to be having the same debate between FTA vs paywall.

after a year in, i was hoping to see them make a significant announcement towards offering more hybrid solutions.

offer some races for free globally via facebook or twitter (akin to what the NFL has done with twitter) or a deal with netflix or amazon (perhaps for live broadcasts but at least for full replays).

more choices on how and when to watch via multiple platforms/mediums and at every price point ranging from free to pay with all the bells and whistles.