View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2020, 06:53 (Ref:3989869)   #768
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Let's not fall into the trap of demonising residents while casting a blind eye at our own failings.

Example - queuing to get to a CSCC Silverstone meeting at Silverstone I got caught up in Japfest traffic. It was 7-30 am , on Sunday and - IN THE VILLAGE - a pack of silly young men in pimped up Skylines etc were trying to out compete each other by pumping up the stereo and holding the engines on the rev limiter . It was appalling , and if I'd lived there I'd have rung Silverstone to complain, and then the police to confess that I'd just put a paving slab through a GTR's windscreen .

Left a bike meeting recently? It's a God given opportunity to share with locals the sound of your illegal race cans at 12,000rpm.

Track days , rare 30 years ago , are now run day after day - that's what caused the biggest problem at Croft and Mallory .

Seen the litter in and around a circuit after a BTCC meeting ? It's an utter disgrace

Nobody loves the sound of racing engines more than me , as my damaged hearing bears witness , but sometimes we really do not help our case do we ?