View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4087875)   #552
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I think there is a lot of one eyed Lewis- lovers and max/horner is the devil people here. Not surprising on a mainly UK/Ire/Aust English language forum

Max backed off hard coz he wanted lewis to pass before DRS det, Lewis didnt want to pass for same reason and was caught out, couldnt swerve in time, and and made a stuff up by clipping max.
Generally its the responsibility of the following driver to avoid a nose to tail.

How about Lewis constant bleating on the radio, during 1st red flag when the techpro was damaged and track littered with debris and service vehicles? Crying that they should have let us race, because he was disadvantaged, when it was clear it needed to stop? He didnt seem to complain later when the red flag fell in his favour.

Lewis constantly whines and lays blame when things dont go his way "why did you make me stop for tyres? why didnt you stop me sooner, why didnt you tell me? Why are the officials making me? Tell so and so to stop holding me up. My tyres are finished" (Then puts in fastest lap)

Yes hes one of (or the) greatest f1 drivers ever, but he has a chip, and Toto backs him up as he should. But I find his constant why me? its never my fault attitude tiresome. He has even played the race card "they wouldnt have penalised me if I wasnt black"

Max is young aggressive, exciting, lightning fast and willing to do what ever it takes to win. Its 100% or nothing, crash or crash through. All's fair in love, war and f1 when the crown is for the taking. (even pushing the boundary - which will mean its sometimes seen as one step too far) He is not there to be a fashion icon, a cause ambassador, to raise awareness, or change the world. He has one singular cause win world championship. Just like schumi, senna, vettel, jones, hunt before him.

To me thats a World Drivers Champion
We all have our own opinions on these 2 drivers. Many of the points that you listed in praise of Verstappen could easily be attributed to Hamilton as well. However in comparing Verstappen with Schumacher and Senna - I think that many people consider that both of those drivers crossed the line of what is acceptable or not on many occasions - but that really is going over old ground.

And there will be plenty of examples of similar on radio traffic that you dislike about Hamilton coming from the Verstappen camp - and that is without analysing the stuff that Horner and Marko come out with.

The world mostly is polarised between these two. This forum is not twitter, and I hope that despite any specific loyalties that posters may have, that we can see the grey area in-between for both of them.

Anything that distracts us from discussing the Ashes is a good thing.