View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2016, 11:17 (Ref:3690702)   #48
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I only played the console version of pCARS once and that was when I was in HMV around release time. I had a little go on it, I found it quite tricky to control, but managed to do a few laps. Out of curiosity I watched the guy behind me have a go and he lasted about 2 corners before he gave up as the car was constantly spinning / crashing. I then watched the next guy and he was the same, tried for about 2-3 corners then gave up, walked away.

I think it shows an interesting mentality with gamers in general. People just want something where they can win every time. A slight knockback is almost like a barrier or an insult of some sort, thats why a lot of these games have "RANK UP" "Well DONE" " Bonus + 2000 XP" appear every 5 minutes after they have accomplished some largely meaningless achievement.

My brother is pretty much this kind of gamer. If he can't win in the first 5 minutes, he gives up, he doesn't want a challenge. Another thing I spotted is that the way he tackles a game on day 1 is exactly the same way he tackles a game on day 101. His tactics don't change, (nor does his skill level it would seem).

I was one of the backers of pCARS and it was a complete s***show. However, I got back my stake and lots more, so from a financial point of view, it was pretty nice, although the end product fell well short of my expectations. I have heard virtually nothing on pCARS 2, i'm guessing development is still progressing?