View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3685059)   #21
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
stroll's not a gamble, they've been invested in him for several years. they've watched him progress and decided that he's worth investing in to get the investment out. force india haven't put mazepin in yet and they've got similar levels of experience, if you catch my drift.

people seem to assume there's one type of rich driver who has one type of ability. they aren't all max chilton or will stevens.
Stroll is without doubt very talented driver and has romped to this years Euro F3 title in dominating fashion......but lets talk about the elephant in the room shall we!.......his father is worth 2.4 Billion Dollars and owns the Michael Koors and Tommy Hilfiger fashion brands.........on that basis I'm sure the only investment was from his father to the Williams teams bank account......Stroll is paying for his drive without a shadow of a doubt, say 10 million per year from his father is like losing some change down the sofa, I can also imagine some fashion brands will start to appear on the Williams FW40 next year, as fashion sponsors rubbing shoulders with an iconic brand like Martini will be perceived as quite cool by his father I'm sure.

Best of luck to him, will be interesting to see how he gets on.