Old 27 Oct 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3776869)   #63
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
I'm a fair way into the Moffat book, i've just read the bit where Mazda collected all their bits and pieces.

Two interesting bits i'm come across so far that i'd love more info on as they are sort of just skimmed over in the book;

- Who paid for "Project B52"? It would, you'd think, have cost a bomb especially considering he was out on his own. Did Brut 33 fund it? Ford on the quiet? Did all his friends like Pan-Am & his American connections just not charge?

- I had always thought the car that went to the USA was the ex-Gibson XA from 1973 that Moffat used early in the 1974 ATCC, and was later burnt to the ground in 1975. In the book however Moffat states he had the ex-Gibson car in Australia as well as a car in the USA...

What happened to Moffat's local car from 1974? It must have gone somewhere after '74, as when B52 burnt to the ground on the way to Adelaide in 1975, he took on John Goss' Falcon.
I read that too and thought the same thing. Last mention of it was it became the 74 Sandown car because he wanted to keep 'B52' for Bathurst. Perhaps the car became the 'Project Phoenix' Falcon? Maybe the '77 Bond Falcon?