View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2018, 16:33 (Ref:3792699)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm a little out of touch the details of single seater racing, but are F1 drivers allowed to race F2 now days?
Pantano is one who I know was in GP2 (now referred to as F2) and also F3000 prior to GP2, before making it to F1 for Jordan from GP2 in about 2004. He was replaced by Glock before the year was out and returned to GP2 in 2005, finally becoming GP2 Champion in 2008. A return to F1 was not forthcoming.

Your question maybe can a driver run in F1 and F2 concurrently as in the days gone. As the F2 races are generally support to F1, the rulings of F1 drivers not being allowed to compete in another category within 24 hours would preclude them. My belief anyway.