View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2018, 00:12 (Ref:3797614)   #32
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
To be fair i was specifically referring to JYS rather comical attitude to his drivers, and not referring to professional driver coaches.

I am sure that Rob Wilson or the other guy (can't remember his name..) at least show their pupils some element of respect and intelligence.
JYS has had a lot of goofy opinions over the years, but one thing you can say when they ran PSR in the lower formula was they worked to get their drivers looking and acting professional as well as having standards in terms of drivers learning their professions. The drivers who passed through that team overall seemed to have pretty decent careers or at least a shot at a decent pro career.

So in regards to Jan, I think JYS was trying to get him to get it together and after giving him his chance they had to let him go. At the end of the day this is a ruthless brutal industry of results and you either do the work or you get cut and shown the door. JYS was his boss, Jan was just a young guy that hardly knew anything at all and again, get with the program or find new employment. Personally I don't think he was ever that great anyways. I think he was just the Autosport man of the moment.