View Single Post
Old 7 May 2021, 07:14 (Ref:4050148)   #74
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I like it. I would make it more like 3m wide though (ie wider than a F1 car). It would also need to be VERY low grip, as the current painted kerbs are probably somewhat lower friction than the tarmac but that doesn't dissuade drivers from using them.

Yes the grip would need to be chosen such that it is always the slower and more risky option than staying on the track/kerb.

It would turn the track into track again. Meaning that you have the track (the tarmac) and then you have your margin of error; the kerb. That's it. The farther you decide to use the kerb the more risk of loosing it (like it used to be).

Now it's more like, yeah I go over the kerb and end up somewhere beside the track and well, we'll see what happens.

Quote:
2 Does take much room

Meant to say of course it does not take much room.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.