Thread: Racing A40's?
View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2838381)   #83
Old A40 Racer
Rookie

Old A40 Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMC racing saloon drivers info sought

Junior Senior,
Following on from your thread of Feb 2003 re A40.I was that man! I am,however, currently researching all drivers of BMC produced cars for a forthcoming book and am keen to know details of the following A40 drivers who raced 'in period'.
P.C.Banks,Graham Birrell,(Grubby),Mick Cave,Dennis Clarke,Harry Digby,Mike Lawlor,Edward Lewis(Westover shoes),Phillip Middlehurst,Francis Pound,Geoff Williamson(Alexander)and Jonathan Williams.
In addition A35 racers of interest are Len Adams(Speedwell),Hubert Cutler,Bill Graham(Speedwell),Phil Shanks(Speedwell),Arthur Taylor(Cambridge University Auto Club Team) believed living somewhere in Glos,and Tony Todd.
A mix of Morris Minor,Riley 1.5,MG Magnette and A90 Westminster drivers include Fred Marriott,Capt Jim Mackreth,Roy North,Peter Pilsworth,Pearce Pope,Alan Hutcheson,believed died in Spain in 2008, Jonathan Wingfield and Alan Adler.
Whilst I appreciate some of the foregoing may no longer be with us any info or contact details including any descendents would be of help.