Thread: Racing A40's?
View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3655834)   #99
WELLSEY A40 FAN
Rookie

WELLSEY A40 FAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all, I am still around and see my pics got there, unfortunately they were converted as Adobe files but at least they are there.
Just got some info to share, maybe its known already but here it is. I first went to Brands Hatch in the early 1960s, maybe 1960, and 2 things made a impact on me, firstly I saw Les Leston's Lotus Elite which became my favorite make of car (still look beautiful today), that's a preamble.
I saw my first saloon car race, I was at Druids and from there you could see the top straight braking area for Paddock bend, then the trees before the cars came back in view at druids. There was a 3 car dice for the lead, and as the cars started their last lap the order was on the straight light blue A40 (F Williams) maroon Anglia (John Young) and black A40 (Johnathan Williams). When they arrived at Druids the order had reversed black A40, Anglia and blue A40 which was the race result, my love of the A40 was born.
I had always wondered if the F Williams was the now famous Frank of F1 Team fame and while researching Dave Brodie's book it was confirmed that it was.
Now here's the interesting thing to me, maybe it's already known but he sold his blue A40 to one Chris Airey.