View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3964532)   #37
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Hmm - I'm six months off hitting 70, and I'm a toyboy (though she now says I'm now her carer) as my partner is 84, and for the last few months I've had a chest infection, but of course as a man only went to see the doctor after much nagging a month or so ago......now after two courses of antibiotics, I've been sent for a chest X-ray and then a follow-up CT scan - waiting the results from that.

So I guess I should be worried and hiding myself away, yet I still tend to look at the figures.....the latest published ones show something under 50K tests undertaken in UK, with around 1500 positives - there are only 6 positives in Lancashire where I live. That's a very small percentage of the population, nationally and locally who are infected, so I think panic is unjustified....and yes, pragmatically if we do get 100K deaths, primarily in the older age group, the economic damage to the country is likely to be less than that of a major recession caused by shutting the country down......

But I do expect that all our motorsport is likely to be suspended very shortly......
Number of tests in the UK is a false basis on which to judge given that they are not testing all suspected cases.