Thread: Motorsport Quiz
View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2023, 13:36 (Ref:4142213)   #525
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The only record for 2013 that I am aware of was Vettel winning the championship by a record 155 points, which was the margin after the Brazilian GP. (He previously AFAIK held the record at 122 with his lead over Button at the end of 2011.

In 2013 he increased his championship lead every race from Germany onwards.... at the end of the German GP his lead was 34 points. From Belgium on he scored 9 consecutive wins to end the season as mentioned 155 points ahead of Alonso.

He then DNF'd the first race of 2014.
Yes - all correct.

At the 1954 British GP, 7 drivers all shared fastest lap and split the single point between them. Half points were also awarded at the Belgian Grand Prix to Mike Hawthorn and José Froilán González.
So, when it came to the conclusion of the German Grand Prix, Fangio led the Drivers Championship by 18.52 points which was the largest margin ever at the time.

With his ninth successive victory at the 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel set a new record for the largest points lead in Formula 1 history, ending the season with a 155 point advantage.