View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2634342)   #20
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
How do I scale/dimension the track so that the length listed with I select a given segment is in units of the correct magnitude? That is, how do I scale/dimension the thing so it isn't telling me my track is 120ft long in total?

Also, is there a way to input how long you want to say the track is as a whole, or how long you want a specific segment to be so that the track is scaled off of that?
I have not been able to "scale up" a track once it's complicated enough or have layers, it scales all funky but make sure when you start over you have a properly sized canvas by selecting tools/scale or typing "s" and grabbing a corner of your selected canvas, I always start out in a square, so that I can scale out before I get in much trouble.

As to the second topic, you can tell the track length if you measure the width, ( i.e. "12 meters") then select the asphalt portion and get the properties "area" then you divide area/width and there's your length down to the millimeter. Make sure you don't include pit lane or any other stuff so that it gives you the correct figure.

Luiggi