Old 25 Jan 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3016836)   #36
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
So John Farrell, Jamun M89 holds the Anglesey National Circuit FF1600 lap record at 1m02.650s as the only FF1600 driver ever to race on it.

I believe the fourth configuration of Anglesey - the Club Circuit - is licenced, but has yet to host a race meeting. It would be fast, exciting and the action at the final hairpin can only be anticipated as frenetic.
Cheers for that Diz. I'll add it to the list. Out of interest have you found a faster lap at Oulton Fosters?

With regards to Jurby, have they ever held a car meeting? I know they do bikes and karts but I've never even heard of a single car race there. Also, it certainly isn't a contemporary, used venue in the sense of the others in the list. If anyone wants to prove me wrong though...

I don't feel it is the sole job of the organising clubs to keep lap records, but to say that it is solely the circuit owners' job because it is their circuit record begs the question, why not the organising clubs because it is their championship/series lap records too? Like everything, better collaboration between the two entities would help everyone.

Just because you are an organising club doesn't mean you have to be useless collaborators with the other clubs (this isn't just directed at the BRSCC but all clubs). If everyone worked together then records like these would be easy to keep, as I pointed out earlier.

Lord know's the competitors pay enough in admin fees to warrant such a service/info and this has hardly been as difficult as it would have been pre-TSL, SMART etc. Ultimately it seems that I believe the organising clubs, as organisers of the championship, should keep the records whereas you believe it should be the circuits, as it is their lap records.