View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2016, 20:58 (Ref:3675131)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can see there is a clear progression being made through the designs as you have presented them. The placement of the kerbs and the run-offs was haphazard, but now looks like you've thought about the direction of travel a lot more.
The fact that you have tidied up the the curves and actual corners a helps with that, and the more you designs you do, you'll come to think of if I make the tune this much, where does the run off go, ...is that too close to another piece of track etc. I feel you have run into that in the middle grouping of the circuits, but have started to understand that with the latests ones.

Looking at number 3, SKG has suggested removing the top loop, which I'd agree with, but what I'd also suggest is that the bottom right hairpin. I'd have brought that off the long curve earlier, right down the edge of the paper to be honest, have the hairpin but I'd have the circuit pass under the curve. I don't like bridges over curves due to the width of the track allowing for run off on the curve plus the angle of the bridge meaning in a real world sense a very long unsupported section.
In this case it would be a straight line tunnel opening out into an uphill right hander leading to the infield hairpin.

One other thing on this design, the I'd swap the chicane at the left hand end of the bottom straight with the T1 chicane as drawn. The more open second phase would allow for better starts, with less chance of first lap accidents.

I do like the concept though.

The final one of the group, I think less is more.where i disagree with SKG, is that I'd leave in the right hand loop as it's got a long straight with space for a pit lane especially if you get rid of the "Mallory park" hairpin. leaving the big swinging esses into the Oulton Park loop,
Attached Thumbnails
jk97mod.jpg