View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3931317)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Well the white population is taking a huge hit through abuses in South Africa right now. Racism against them is very very bad. Being covered by by mainstream press. So they are not exactly rich. They are the only ones who do motor racing I'm sure. I thought maybe GT4 or TCR's from local teams would be allowed to race. But I guess its GT3 only. Strange how some ICGT races are GT3 only but Laguna and Bathurst are not. That's ok, after the calamity at Barcelona, a 30 car grid will be just fine.
There really aren't very many (any?!) GT4s and TCRs in South Africa. The country's premier series races a version of the Gen 1 MARC chassis and they only do sprint races of 15 to 20 minutes. Though the short duration of the races does not seem to be a consequence of the economic situation as races really weren't much longer during the golden days of the Wesbank Modifieds in the late 80s.