View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3934779)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deimh View Post

Also, your answer implied that there is a 3rd Generation of GT3 from 2015 onwards - is this the case and how do these differ from the 2009-14 cars?
I don't think there are official generations, it's more like my personal view:

Gen 1: original one make cars and cars produced by tuners like Reiter or low volume manufacturers like Morgan and Mosler

Gen 2: the first of the bespoke factory-built cars such as the SLS, the original R8 and the Porsche 997 GT3R. I don't think there are more than 500 of those, probably considerably less, seeing how the GT3 market was already contracting at the time with several series shutting down or moving away from an all GT3 format.

Gen 3: the second wave of factory-built cars and the ultimate demise of tuner operations with Reiter losing the license to build the new Lambo. So that's the Huracan, the angular looking R8 and the AMG GT.

There are some cars that are inbetweeners like the original Vantage, debuting in 2010(?) but being Aston's main weapon all the way to 2018. Similarly, the Nissan only saw a major update last year.

Last edited by Speed-King; 15 Oct 2019 at 20:27.