View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2004, 23:48 (Ref:907723)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Domain Registration Con

Thought I'd pass this on..last week I received a letter from a company with a Cambridge address advising that my EU Domain Registration was due to expire and that I should send a cheque for £60 to cover two years worth...suspicious thought I as I had just renewed my Domain a couple of days earlier for a mere $10.99.
Today I tried to call the phone number provided on the letter to see what they were trying to pull and suprise suprise the number didnt exist...it was actually an 020 number which wouldve been London rather than Cambridge.
I contacted the Cambridgeshire Constabulary and they told me they were aware of the scam but hadn't been able to catch anybody yet. So beware all you web people out there, this isnt an urban legend it's nasty people trying to rip you off. I volunteered my services the the cops as a baseball wielding avenger should they find the culprits but strangely enough they declined my offer