View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2660202)   #28
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
fair point, I was being a bit generalistic, but to be honest I seriosly don't see any point or corelation between what is exciting in Nascar and in Sports cars, I asumed that for you as a Nascar fan excitment means constant fighting between drivers for position, while that in itself is imensly exciting in sports car racing, when it is artificialy done the joy dies down a lot;

Here is a good example:
Porsche RS Spyder vs Audi R10;

lets say the spyder some how gets into the lead, now it has to work like hell to run away from the big bad R10, but when a safty pulls out, the R10 will take the lead as soon as the green flag flies, and the spyder driver can only cry because his tires are by now too used up to make a pass on the R10 in the corrners. and thus you get a race that is totaly decided by race control.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.