View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2777382)   #45
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf sun View Post
Grant, lovely shot!
Interestingly, there appears to be no difference at all between the two versions on my screen, which is...strange.
On my screen the second pic te green is darker with greater contrast; the better pic, in my view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hi Wolfgang.

... if you are panning for a moving subject travelling in a straight line or if you are on the outside of a bend different parts of the subject will move towards you or away from you at different speeds meaning that the subject overall is not at a constant distance from you and different parts of the subject are not at constant distances from each other as far as your viewing location is concerned. So the chances of the entire subject staying in focus and not showing any signs of motion blur are much reduced.

Artistically that is fine and can be used, intentionally or not, to create some spectacular shots but the absolute level of detail available overall will always be reduced to some degree.
I quite often obtain this effect, accidentally, and I'm never sure whether to use the resulting pics. Seeing the number on the front in focus and the one on the side out of focus, or vice versa, can be quite disturbing, when you are deciding which pics to retain! I have a very high deletion rate!