View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4030636)   #458
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just had one of the oddest probable spam phone calls I can remember.

A local number appeared and for once I decided to answer and maybe have some fun with it.

A robotic voice (like old school robot voices, somewhat akin to a Dalek sound) was delivering a message that "seemed" to have started before the call connected. Something about someone placing an order an "your" account for an iPad. If not "your" order hit a number to be connected to some department to discuss the matter.

No mention of a company name BUT of course one might assume that the early start to the message means one had missed it. It repeated the part about responding by hitting a button and that was that.

The local (Nottingham) number, when searched, offers no information although the same number lists in New Delhi. That might be coincidence.

I wonder if such a scam would also work via an answerphone message?. I suppose the scam nature of the call depends on whether they really do have "ownership" of the number used.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of automated cold call already?