View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2021, 18:49 (Ref:4030734)   #465
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Before we had these phone callers we used to get the cold calling at the door "Jehovah's Whiteness" that were a pain. However my father in law (RIP) was a very intelligent man (ex headmaster) who used to delight in talking at length to them about anything that came into his head at the time, they would then look at each other and quickly go away !

My race partner is a retired biology teacher - when visited by Mormons or Witnesses he used to take great delight in engaging them in earnest debate about the origin of life. It got to the stage where he reckoned the local Elders used to bring new canvassers round to him so that they could be better prepared to tackle critical comment

Where I live we sometimes get a visit from some group or other selflessly wanting to save my soul - who usually look very sorry for me and my profound atheism, but I've found them unfailingly polite, and I usually thank them for their concern and wish them well

New twist on the phone call situation today - a call on my mobile from someone who said he'd just had a missed call from me, and seemed genuinely surprised when I explained that my phone was on charge and hadn't been touched for the last couple of hours. Maybe the scammers are starting to use "cloned" or just random mobile numbers. I know that most displayed numbers on other scam calls are fake, so presumably they can fake a mobile number too......