View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1227732)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PINEAPPLE RACING RETURNS TO MOTORSPORT

After two years in the wilderness, Pineapple Racing will return to motor racing with a two car effort in the 2005 Fantasy V8Supercar Championship.

Sunshine Coast Pineapples will return as major sponsor after their CEO, Spike E. Hare and Pineapple Racing team owner, mac patched up their differences after an intense legal battle in 2003.

At the team launch, mac said he was thrilled to be re-uniting with Sunshine Coast Pineapples.

"Spike was disappointed in our use of pineapples for sexual purposes during a team bonding trip and wanted to get out of his contract early," said mac.

"He was also disappointed that we stole money from his company to pay for the team bonding trip."

mac believes the partnership can now go from strength to strength.

"The judge forced us to literally kiss and make up and since then, things have been great.

"Spike keeps following me around, touching me in inappropriate ways and calling me in the middle of the night and breathing heavily into the phone, but hey ......... he pays the bills."

Sunshine Coast Pineapples CEO, Spike E. Hare says he cannot wait to resume the company's relationship with Pineapple Racing.

"mac is so spunky," said the extroverted CEO. "I look forward to dressing him up as our grid girl during the season."

Pineapple Racing will run FPR's two newly constructed BA Falcons, leaving that team with no cars to run. Ford will be the major technical partner.

mac commented on the team's decision to go with Ford, "I was in negotiations with both companies.

"But I went to visit Holden for a meeting and as I walked through the door, Mark Skaife turned around and whacked me with his nose - it knocked me out!

"I woke up in the hospital with Ford's legal team showing me a contract I had just signed."

Pineapple Racing is ecstatic to announce that Jason Bright will join the team in the #77 BA Falcon.

"I have always loved eating pineapples," said Bright. "And when mac agreed to my contract demand of a year's supply of pineapples ..... let's just say it was too good an offer to refuse."

Teaming up with Bright will be Cameron McConville in the #33 Sunshine Coast Pineapples BA Falcon.

"mac and I first spoke about this deal late last year," said McConville. "I was doing a triathlon and he was spectating.

"I came up to a drink station and all of the volunteers were holding out cups of water.

"As I went to grab one, I saw mac throw his beer at me and yell, 'have a real drink you pansies!'

"We just hit it off after that, and the deal just came together."

Pineapple Racing is based in mac's garage in Sydney and will utilise Galston Gorge as it's test track. Any illegal straight line testing will be done on the M4 motorway.

P.Driblah
Media Liason Officer
Pineapple Racing

PINEAPPLE RACING
Sponsors: SUNSHINE COAST PINEAPPLES, FORD
Drivers: #33 - Cameron McConville
#77 - Jason Bright
Manufacturer: Ford

Last edited by mac; 16 Feb 2005 at 23:09.