View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2541137)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip View Post
Zande slipped back
In race 2 after off track excursion he picked up some astroturf that wedged in the front of his car.
In the official website report it says that van der Zande dropped back in the second race because he had a puncture. In the report on autosport.com it refers to the astroturf that zip is talking about. I've given you my version; it's up to you to decide which you believe.

On a brighter note, Ricciardo's win was the second in succession for a Red Bull-sponsored, Carlin Motorsport-entered driver, also the first by an Australian since David Brabham in 1989.

Finally, it was the first win for Volkswagen in a major F3 Championship, so congratulations all round.

Brands will be interesting, because with the title secured I think you will see Ricciardo let off the leash. For the last few races he has been thinking about making sure of winning the title, which is a very smart approach, but that's done now.