View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2018, 05:05 (Ref:3832254)   #5833
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think this makes too much sense to happen. It's the sad part about this all. How long will IMSA cater to 'cheap' manufacturers and stick with aging cars? They did this with DP and then with LMPC. I'm not saying it's not good for their business, but things like holding onto cars that are a decade old while the rest of the endurance on the world stage moves on frustrates me being in America. Both sides are at fault, but these new rules are not going to be hard on manufacturers. You want a dpi like car then make it with the same chassis constructor you have now (unless you're Mazda/Riley). The rules leave this open. And with the way the rules look to be headed, you won't need to worry too much about aerodynamics as it'll come from underneath. If IMSA doesn't jump on this with manufacturers like Ford saying it's a good idea, then you know they're being stubborn to save money or there's someone whispering in their ear and padding their pockets.