View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3832307)   #5836
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
At this point there's too many moving pieces for just about anyone to say except Porsche and Ford. You've got so many issues with entry and marketing fees, freight, staff travel and weekend schedules, actual amount of testing, etc. that I doubt anyone outside could even estimate. Really all we have to go on is Atherton saying it looks too expensive for what they want.

But then again, who knows where any of this actually sits in 3 or 4 years anyways. The manufacturer landscape and the importance of hybrids could easily change wholesale by then, lord knows LMP1 went from expanding to 4 manufacturers to contracting to nearly 0 in that time frame. It's barely worth worrying about, especially compared to how absolutely awful these regulations are to me.
In this article from s365 I think Scott Sharp says the budget for DPI is $6 - 7.5 million this season. So that could be the baseline budget levels DPI are working with.