Thread: Movies McLaren Movie
View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2018, 23:51 (Ref:3841748)   #16
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I've been looking forward to this for quite a while, my DVD arrived last Friday and I sat down late on Saturday to watch it thinking I'll probably finish it the next day. I didn't move a muscle for the next 1.5hrs! I knew quite a bit about the man and his racing team and the personalities involved through books by Eoin Young, Phil Kerr (To Finish First) and Tyler Alexander but I was still engrossed. Alastair Caldwell's account for finding Bruce after the accident is incredibly moving, quite harrowing actually. It was also moving seeing a range of faces who are no longer with us since the film was made: Patty McLaren, my racing hero Chris Amon, Phil Kerr and Tyler Alexander.

I would recommend the film to anyone with an interest in that era of motorsports. I would also recommend the McLaren tapes, I bought the CD from the McLaren Trust well over a decade ago now and it's a real blast to hear Bruce talking.

http://www.bruce-mclaren.com/product_in ... cts_id/161

PS: Did Teddy Meyer ever pen a biography?
I saw this a month ago on satellite. Very sad of course, but also very compelling. Great story about always pushing past limits and always improving. I meant to recommend it to a non racing friend of mine. I am sure she does not know the story, but I wanted to her from her if she found interest in the film.

I am feeling old now thinking about how long ago the days of the Big Orange were. Can-Am, but also Indianapolis.