View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3854006)   #50
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am positive it doesn't miss me, as I do not miss watching it.

I, and you, are not their audience. You would pay to watch cars testing, you would pay to watch 20 cars driving round Lydden, give or take, that is not what they want. They want new money, bored F1 fans, that's ALL. They will do anything to get them, and anything to keep the rapidly leaving manufacturers, hence the cretinous jump to electric.

They want new people, they don't CARE about old fans, fans who know rallycross, know its past, follow it regionally.

Yes the sport has moved on, I was fine with that initially, but not now.

The comparison with football is nonsensical, you don't support a team in rallycross, through thick and thin for decades, promotions, Cup runs, it isn't about competing for that money. That team is like family, I know because I do it, I rarely watch them, I can't because of pricing and travel, but they will always be my team. They are not competing for my dollar, as they are different sports entirely. Rallycross used to be my motorsport, but it has been systematically taken apart by a corporate greedmonger. It would be like football banning goalies, playing on 5 a side pitches and banning the FA cup for small teams. That is what these ******s have done.

I simply have too much of a conscience to hand over money to these people, they have totally ruined the sport I once loved.

It is not as good as it was, it is laughingly unstable, massively predictable, samey, more expensive, less cars (most of the time), pricing intelf away from its base, uncaring about the future and the sport and really rather unsavoury.

If it means missing out fair enough, but I am not really, I watch it occasionally and the hype never matches the action, it has a shelf life.

And the sooner older fans realise this, the sooner you should just not bother, if it bombs, it will become what it was before, a great amateur sport with a few semi pro's, racing at small, watchable venues with a club atmosphere, loads of support classes with varying cars and cheap prices.

But, hey you carry on.

I guess my other point, is that a lot of motorsport really doesn't excite me anymore, rallycross used to, but now, when you add in the pricing and the value? It's like watching Scalextric, and that makes t just like F1, sorry, but it just ain't worth it.