View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3907390)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They were showing qualifying when I turned it on and I thought it was just a clip and they'd go back to the race, but nope, rain delay.

As far as Firestone bringing the tire, there may be no place for the water to go when the streets are lined with cement barriers in many spots. I'm guessing standing water too deep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
They're not racing in the rain?

I understand they don't do that on an oval, but what's the problem on a street or road track?

Or did Firestone forget to bring rain tires?
It wasn't a rain delay, it was a required severe thunderstorm with lighting delay. They couldn't race because everyone was called in to shelter after lighting within 5 miles. As is a REQUIRED standard for most large events now. NBCSports had to switch to aerial and in car shots because their crews were called off the video towers in the IMSA race.