Thread: Rovals
View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3936081)   #18
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
As to next year's IGTC, hopefully they see fit to run the Indy layout that does include Oval Turn 1; since it's longer, and will be an endurance race, it would actually be a closer fit to the FIA's charts to run the longer configuration. Even then, it's still short of the technical minimum listed in Appendix O.
I doubt any of the road course homologations allows for use of oval T1 (just my guess). Either way, I believe including Oval T1 will shorten the length instead of increasing it (see the map in attached link). What is the technical minimum? If the length needs to be longer than the IndyCar layout, they will probably use the T5-T6 loop that was used during the F1 GPs (and that IndyCar bypasses to go directly from T4 to the Hullmann back straight), adding at least a 1/4 mile.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._IndycarGP.svg

Edit: above described lay-out will bring the course length to 2.592-mile according to 2017 SCCA Runoffs event page.

Last edited by Coach Ep; 21 Oct 2019 at 14:33.