View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3311770)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Glad you do mate,cos I do not
Country full of young un-employed, in an area that needs employment, and all the visionaries can do is close a company down, build a load of affordable houses on the site, give or sell to un-desirable tenants, and give the Sunday morning lawn mower brigade something to really shout about.
Whoah there! You must have turned over two pages at once.
As far as I'm aware there are no plans to build anything on the land that we know as Mallory Park, I'm sure that Chris Meek has stated publicly that he'd never sell the land for housing, plus, if the area was developed for housing there would be more houses on 'the Park' than there is in Kirkby Mallory itself, which I am sure would not be allowed within the local planning area.
What's happened so far is that the company who have been running Mallory Park for the past few years have gone into administration, and declared that they cannot run the company profitably under the current planning rules. These are rules that should have been followed since 1985, and the fact that they so blatantly broke those rules is what's started all of the hoo - har in the first place.
Hopefully a more professional organisation will come along and be able to (maybe) negotiate a reduction in the lease, work more closely with the local council and the local residents to (maybe) get an increase in the number of days that the circuit can (legally) operate, and come up with more ideas for things that the circuit can be used for that won't be so intrusive, or noisy to give any cause for complaint from the locals.
For example, I cannot understand why they've had to stop using the circuit for young driver training (as I've read somewhere). If this is what I think it is, under-age people being given the opportunity to be taught to drive in normal road cars, and at normal speeds will create no more noise than a car park, and will not involve thousands of people, so should create very little impact locally, but provide an excellent service for the area. Road safety is a big thing actually and politically, it would be a very positive thing for 'The Circuit' to be seen to be getting involved with.
Just my ten'pennyworth!